13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 450

0 members and 450 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,611
Threads: 27,189
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (47,225)
Welcome to our newest member, Noname

Visitor Map

Default KCRW Appoints Alejandro Cohen As Music Director

From Radio Insight:

Public News/Talk/Indie Alternative 89.9 KCRW Santa Monica/Los Angeles has announced the addition of Alejandro ‘Ale’ Cohen as Music Director effective October 28.
    Cohen joins KCRW from music collective dublab which he co-founded and served as General Manager from 2007 to 2015 and has been Executive Director since. The organization operates 99.1 KLDB-LP Los Angeles described as “broadcasting since the ‘dot-com era’ with the mission to share forward-thinking, freeform radio with an international audience. dublab?s programming has since expanded to include the production of original art exhibits, films, television, events, and community education projects as well as broadcast on affiliate stations in Germany, Japan, Spain, and Brazil.” A music composer and producer, Cohen has released music under the names Languis and Pharaohs and has composed for multiple television shows, documentaries and educational materials. He has also consulted for Pacifica’s 90.7 KPFK Los Angeles and as part of his duties as dublab?s Executive Director, he oversaw its programming and podcast offerings, managed fundraising for the organization and curated the annual ambient music event Tonalism.
    Cohen comemented, ?KCRW is one of the defining voices of our community. Today, I am grateful for the opportunity to join the organization, and be part of that voice that informs, inspires, and connects the people of Los Angeles and the world.”
    He continued, ?My story has been intertwined with KCRW from the moment I moved from Buenos Aires and made Los Angeles my home. Back in August 1996, with only a demo cassette of my music, I ventured to the old KCRW studios in the basement of Santa Monica College and left a copy of my songs with Chris Douridas. I knew right away from his warm and welcoming nature, genuine interest, and curiosity that this was the place to be.?
    KCRW Chief Content Officer Arnie Seipel said, ?I?m thrilled to work with Alejandro who, as a longtime fan of KCRW, understands and respects the legacy of KCRW Music. He is ready to take our mission of music discovery to the next generation of fans in the spaces where they enjoy music. Anne Litt, KCRW?s current Music Director will shift to a creative consultant role where she can be closer to the audiences who love her, on air, at live events, and in her weekly Music Insider email. Alejandro will build on all the progress we?ve made from the hard work and passion of Anne. It?s a win for our audience because we don?t have to lose one to get the other.?

more

Thread Information