PDA

View Full Version : JJ Kincaid Exits Z100/New York For Mornings At 95.7 The Party/Denver

Colorado Media Newsroom
June 29th, 2015, 12:25 PM
From All Access:

iHEARTMEDIA Top 40 WHTZ (Z100)/NEW YORK afternoon host JJ KINCAID is heading out west to do mornings at sister Top 40 KPTT (95.7 THE PARTY)/DENVER, beginning this AUGUST.

KINCAID, who has been at Z100 since 2006, hosting the top-rated afternoon show, won the 2014 “Station Air Talent of the Year” award at the WORLDWIDE MEDIA SUMMIT. “I can’t even express how excited I am to join 95.7 THE PARTY," he said. "We’re putting together a team that will be exciting and engaging for morning listeners. This has been months in the making and I can’t thank the fine people I work for at iHEARTMEDIA enough for believing in me. Having the opportunity to connect with people in a place as beautiful as DENVER is no less than amazing."

"JJ KINCAID is one of the top talents in the country and is master at connecting with listeners on air and socially -- he certainly is a first-round pick,"

iHEARTMEDIA/DENVER SVP/Programming JIM LAWSON said. "We’re excited to bring his talents to 95.7 THE PARTY as we build DENVER's next great must-listen-to morning show."

more (http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/142907/jj-kincaid-exits-z100-new-york-for-mornings-at-95-?ref=rss)

Colorado Media Newsroom
June 29th, 2015, 01:16 PM
From Radio Insight:

“Z100” New York afternoon host JJ Kincaid is moving to Denver to take mornings at sister CHR “95.7 The Party” KPTT. JJ has hosted afternoons at Z100 since 2006 after runs at KDWB Minneapolis and KHKS Dallas. He will begin in Denver in August replacing Chino, who had been voicetracking the shift in addition to his primary slot in afternoons at “Wild 94.9” KYLD San Francisco. In addition to Z100, JJ is currently heard via iHeart’s Premium Choice on CHR’s across the nation. In a release JJ stated, “I can’t even express how excited I am to join 95.7 The Party. We’re putting together a team that will be exciting and engaging for morning listeners. This has been months in the making and I can’t thank the fine people I work for at iHeartMedia enough for believing in me. Having the opportunity to connect with people in a place as beautiful as Denver is no less than amazing.” KPTT has overtaken Lincoln Financial Media’s (Soon to be Entercom’s) “KS 107.5” KQKS as the top rated CHR in the Denver market in recent months. KPTT registered a 4.3 share to KQKS’s 3.4 in the May 2015 Nielsen Audio PPM ratings.

more (https://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/93517/jj-kincaid-headed-to-mornings-in-denver/)

radiodude
June 29th, 2015, 06:29 PM
From Radio Insight:

“Z100” New York afternoon host JJ Kincaid is moving to Denver to take mornings at sister CHR “95.7 The Party” KPTT. JJ has hosted afternoons at Z100 since 2006 after runs at KDWB Minneapolis and KHKS Dallas. He will begin in Denver in August replacing Chino, who had been voicetracking the shift in addition to his primary slot in afternoons at “Wild 94.9” KYLD San Francisco. In addition to Z100, JJ is currently heard via iHeart’s Premium Choice on CHR’s across the nation. In a release JJ stated, “I can’t even express how excited I am to join 95.7 The Party. We’re putting together a team that will be exciting and engaging for morning listeners. This has been months in the making and I can’t thank the fine people I work for at iHeartMedia enough for believing in me. Having the opportunity to connect with people in a place as beautiful as Denver is no less than amazing.” KPTT has overtaken Lincoln Financial Media’s (Soon to be Entercom’s) “KS 107.5” KQKS as the top rated CHR in the Denver market in recent months. KPTT registered a 4.3 share to KQKS’s 3.4 in the May 2015 Nielsen Audio PPM ratings.

more (https://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/93517/jj-kincaid-headed-to-mornings-in-denver/)

Oh good, there hasn't been a good morning show on 95.7 in years! So I hope he can do this and bring in the ratings for 95.7.. Good battle with KQKS!