PDA

View Full Version : John Goforth Joins Hubbard As VP/GM Of Podcasts

Colorado Media Newsroom
August 6th, 2024, 04:11 AM
From Radio Insight:

https://i0.wp.com/radioinsight.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/08/johngoforth-200x200.jpg?resize=200%2C200&ssl=1Hubbard Radio has appointed John Goforth as Vice President/General Manager of Podcasts based in Chicago.
Goforth spent the past five years as Chief Revenue Officer for Magellan AI. Goforth began his career in commercial radio sales holding account executive roles at Clear Channel, KMOX, KFNS, and WXOS all in St. Louis and WMVP Chicago before joining WSCR/WXRT Chicago as Local Sales Manager in 2012. He would move to podcasting in 2016 holding roles as VP/Advertising Partnerships at Midroll Media, SVP/Podcast Revenue Strategy for iHeartMedia, SVP/Sales for HowStuffWorks, and Head of Audience Development and Business Development for WaitWhat.
In his new role, Goforth will collaborate closely with local Hubbard Radio markets to enhance sales strategies for existing podcasts. And as part of the Hubbard Radio corporate team, he will create new podcast initiatives and strategic partnerships, to build an even more robust podcast network. Hubbard EVP/CFO Dave Bestler commented, ?We fully understand and embrace the evolution in our business from radio to audio. We are creating must-hear content in all eight of our Hubbard Radio markets, and listeners are increasingly accessing our content on-demand. John will help expand our podcast offerings, while growing revenue with the podcasts we already have.?
Goforth shared, ?I couldn?t be more excited to join the amazing team at Hubbard and help grow their already impressive portfolio. It?s thrilling to be at the intersection of local and national in the podcast space. As we?ve seen in other channels, cracking the code on local is the key to explosive growth.?
Hubbard Radio President/CEO Ginny Hubbard commented, ?The minute I met with John, I knew he was the right person to lead this important initiative. Hubbard Broadcasting has been creating engaging audio for over 100 years. We are proud of our heritage but are also embracing the next century as listening evolves to include digital and on-demand platforms. John?s background in sales leadership, strategy, and analytics makes him the perfect leader to work with our local markets.?

more (https://radioinsight.com/headlines/277185/john-goforth-joins-hubbard-as-vp-gm-of-podcasts/)