PDA

View Full Version : Westwood One Sports Promotes Mike Eaby To VP/Executive Producer

Colorado Media Newsroom
May 8th, 2024, 09:20 AM
From Radio Insight:

https://radioinsight.com/wp-content/images/2024/05/mikeeaby-200x200.jpegCumulus Media has promoted Mike Eaby to VP/Executive Producer of Westwood One Sports as Howard Deneroff retires after 35 years with the company.
Eaby will manage and oversee all Westwood One Sports multi-platform content and live event production starting May 15 as he will report to SVP/Sports Content Bruce Gilbert. Eaby has spent his entire career with Westwood One since starting as an editor in 1997. He has been an on-site producer for NFL, NCAA men’s basketball, Olympics, the Masters, and PGA Championships.
Westwood One President/EVP Collin Jones stated, ?Mike has played a substantial role with Westwood One Sports for nearly 30 years, both in the control room and on the field, greatly contributing to the success of our Sports franchise, including marquee events like the Super Bowl and March Madness. Our listeners, advertisers, and league partners turn to Westwood One Sports because we deliver consistently outstanding audio broadcasts. With Mike?s experience, passion, and vision, I’m confident he is the perfect person to quarterback Westwood One Sports into its next era. Westwood One Sports is known as the best in the business for audio sports play-by-play, and I would like to thank Howard Deneroff for his immeasurable impact on our sports programming and production success over the years.?
Eaby commented, “First and foremost, I want to recognize Howie who has been an unparallelled mentor to me throughout my career. As a result of his guidance, I?m prepared and ready to lead Westwood One Sports into its next chapter and am grateful to Cumulus for entrusting me with the keys to our industry-leading sports play-by-play business. With the expansion of sports media into the digital landscape, I?m excited for what the future holds as we explore new technologies, platforms, and business possibilities.?

more (https://radioinsight.com/headlines/268405/westwood-one-sports-promotes-mike-eaby-to-vp-executive-producer/)