PDA

View Full Version : Terri Avery To Retire As WALR-FM Director of Branding and Programming

Colorado Media Newsroom
November 13th, 2023, 01:50 PM
From Radio Insight:

https://radioinsight.com/wp-content/images/2023/11/terriavery-141x200.jpgTerri Avery will retire as Director of Branding and Programming for Cox Media Group Adult R&B “Kiss 104.1 (https://www.kiss104fm.com)” WALR-FM Palmetto/Atlanta at the end of the year.
Avery has programmed WALR-FM since January 2019. She began her career as an intern at 1600 WWRL New York and would then spend a decade in middays at KKDA Dallas. After a stint programming KMJQ Houston, she would return to KKDA as Operations Manager and entertainment reporter for the Tom Joyner Morning Show. After a brief tenure with Mercury Records, Avery joined Radio One Baltimore in 1994 as Program Director and later Director of Programming for both Baltimore and WMMJ Washington DC. Her next stop was at the NAB as Radio Coordinator in 1998-99 before spending three years programming Davis Broadcasting’s stations in Columbus GA. Avery would then spend fourteen years at CBS Radio Charlotte programming Hip Hop ?Power 98? 97.9 WPEG and Adult R&B ?V101.9? WBAV from 2001 to 2015 and was instructor and station manager at Carolina School of Broadcasting prior to joining WALR-FM.
Cox Atlanta Director of Operations Emily Boldon is leading up the search for a successor with candidates “invited to connect” at Emily.Boldon@CMG.com for additional details.

Terri Avery, Director of Branding and Programming for Atlanta?s KISS 104.1 (WALR), announced her retirement from Cox Media Group (CMG).
Since stepping into the role in January 2019, Avery has steered the station to success. In that time, she created and led the groundbreaking Black Radio United for the Vote initiative and introduced a fresh musical direction and a dynamic new talent lineup. Under her leadership, KISS 104.1 earned two Marconi Awards including 2022 Urban Station of the Year and 2023 Major Market Station of the Year, various Gabby Awards, and a 2021 Service to America Award Nomination.
?I?ve been all around the country in this wonderful career called radio,? said Avery. ?I?ve worked with some great people and had a lot of FUN! I want to thank my staff of great air personalities, the managers and executive team at CMG for making my last stop one of the best stops.?
?It is wonderful to honor Terri and her 38 years in the radio industry. I?m thankful for her excellent service to our WALR team and to celebrate the legacy she leaves behind,? said Jaleigh Long, Vice President and Market Manager, CMG Atlanta Radio.
?Terri is an intelligent and compassionate leader. Her talent and her kindness will be greatly missed as she leaves Kiss and begins to write her next exciting chapter,? said Emily Boldon, Director of Operations for CMG Atlanta Radio.
Prior to her tenure with Cox Media Group, Avery served as the radio station manager and instructor at Carolina School of Broadcasting in Charlotte, North Carolina. She also spent fourteen years as the Operations Manager/Program director for CBS Radio?s WPEG/WBAV in Charlotte. Her career also includes programming stops in Baltimore, Dallas and Houston.
Avery?s last day with Cox Media Group will be December 31, 2023. As the search for the next Director of Branding and Programming for KISS 104.1 commences, prospective candidates are invited to connect with Emily Boldon at Emily.Boldon@CMG.com for additional details about this opportunity.

more (https://radioinsight.com/headlines/261039/terri-avery-to-retire-as-walr-fm-director-of-branding-and-programming/)