PDA

View Full Version : Karen McCrary Mitchell Rises To iHeartMedia Memphis/Tupelo Market President

Colorado Media Newsroom
May 5th, 2023, 05:10 AM
From Radio Insight:

https://i0.wp.com/radioinsight.com/wp-content/images/2023/05/mccrarymitchell.jpeg?resize=200%2C200&ssl=1iHeartM edia has announced the appointment of Karen McCrary Mitchell as its new Memphis TN/Tupelo MS Market President.
McCrary Mitchell moves to the role from her previously role as Division VP of Digital Sales based in Memphis since January 2020. She has previously held sales management roles in Memphis for multiple businesses including the Memphis Commercial-Appeal newspaper and the Fort Worth Star-Telegram in Texas.
She succeeds Kevin Klein who moved to a new role as Vice President of Unified Partnerships based in Sarasota FL last month. Klein had led the Memphis cluster since February 2017.

iHeartMedia announced today that Karen McCrary Mitchell has been named Market President for Memphis, effective immediately. iHeartMedia Memphis has a strong cross-platform presence and includes a number of iconic brands and franchises ? both broadcast and digital ? encompassing more than seven stations comprised of music, talk and news formats.
iHeartMedia has the leading consumer reach and influence across multiple platforms and delivers more live programming than any other media company. As Market President, Karen McCrary Mitchell will be responsible for overseeing day to day operations for all programming, sales and community activities. She will report to Ronnie Bloodworth, Area President for iHeartMedia Mid-South Area.
?I?m excited for what Karen will bring to our team and our community,? said Ronnie Bloodworth, Area President for iHeartMedia.
Karen joins the Memphis/Tupelo teams from inside iHeartMedia, where she most recently served as the Division Vice President of Digital. She began her career at LM Berry Company in 2009 and is a graduate of University of Memphis. Karen will continue the legacy of our iHeart brands in Memphis with her leadership and communication skills that she has exemplified throughout her career.
?I am honored and thrilled to be Market President for Memphis & Tupelo. iHeartMedia is engrained in both communities and my stewardship will embrace our alliances and initiate partnerships to strengthen mutual community interests. It?s a privilege to lead this talented team in sharing the iHeartMedia message,? said Karen McCrary Mitchell. ?As the largest audio media company, our dynamic offerings provide access to all. Our seven Memphis radio stations and six Tupelo stations (including Black Information Network) allow our talent to entertain and inform daily. We extend our multi-platform assets across audio, digital, local and national events to our clients and community. I look forward to conveying and extending this across both these unique, and incredible cities.?

more (https://radioinsight.com/headlines/251773/karen-mccrary-mitchell-rises-to-iheartmedia-memphis-tupelo-market-president/)