PDA

View Full Version : WRKO Adds Nightly Sports Betting Show

Colorado Media Newsroom
May 1st, 2023, 06:50 AM
From Radio Insight:

https://i0.wp.com/radioinsight.com/wp-content/images/2023/05/gamblerboston.jpg?resize=200%2C200&ssl=1iHeartMedi a Conservative Talk 680 WRKO Boston will launch a nightly Sports Betting show from 10pm-12am.
“The Gambler with Adam Kaufman” will be hosted by sister News 1030 WBZ morning sports anchor and cluster Sports Director Adam Kaufman airing Mondays through Thursdays. Prior to moving to WBZ in 2016, Kaufman served as a host and update anchor for then-sister “98.5 The Sports Hub” WBZ-FM and CBS Sports Radio. He also has served as an on-camera host for DraftKings since 2015. Kaufman previously was a sports anchor for multiple television stations across the northeast and VP/Public Relations, Senior Director of Marketing Services, and play-by-play voice for the AHL’s Providence Bruins from 2006-11.

iHeartMedia Boston?s AM 680 WRKO, ?The Voice of Boston,? announced today that nights on WRKO will feature a local sports betting program hosted by Adam Kaufman, with contributions from Dan Watkins and Brian Antonelli. ?The Gambler with Adam Kaufman? will begin broadcasting on Monday, May 1, 2023 at 10 p.m. ET.
This is Boston’s first and only nightly sports betting show airing live on WRKO Monday through Thursday from 10 p.m. ? 12 a.m. In addition, a companion podcast can be streamed the following morning on the iHeartRadio app and everywhere podcasts are available.
?The Gambler with Adam Kaufman? will include Kaufman hosting and providing his expertise on the local sports scene, while Antonelli and Watkins contribute their local team fanaticism and commentary on navigating the pitfalls of betting like a fan. Kaufman, Antonelli and Watkins will continue to be heard on additional iHeartRadio stations in Boston.
“Everyone I talk to is now betting on sports,? said Bill Flaherty, Director of Operations, News, Talk and Sports at iHeartMedia Boston. ?With the interest at a fever pitch, I can’t think of a better time to launch this show.?
?There?s no greater platform than live sports talk radio and, since January, there?s no greater obsession in and around Massachusetts than sports betting,? said Adam Kaufman, Sports Director at iHeartMedia Boston. ?I?ve been fortunate to spend many years of my career working in both areas and I couldn?t be more thrilled to have them intersect now. Boston is ready for a nightly gambling show. I?m honored to host it and can?t wait to sweat bets with listeners, industry experts, and our incredible team starting May 1.?
?The Gambler with Adam Kaufman? can be heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio app, WRKO.com, and every weekday in Boston on AM 680 WRKO.

more (https://radioinsight.com/headlines/251635/wrko-adds-nightly-sports-betting-show/)