PDA

View Full Version : Christopher K Returns To 107.9 Sacramento

Colorado Media Newsroom
August 25th, 2022, 07:10 PM
From Radio Insight:

https://i0.wp.com/radioinsight.com/wp-content/images/2022/06/kiss1079.png?resize=200%2C200&ssl=1Longtime “107.9 The End” KDND Sacramento personality Christopher K will return to the frequency joining successor 90s/2000s Hits “Kiss 107.9” KZIS to host a Saturday evening show starting August 27.
“Kisstory with Christopher K” will air from 7pm to 12am. He was heard on KDND from a few months after its launch until September 2019. He served as Music Director and night host until 2002 when he moved to the afternoon slot he held until September 2019 and later added APD duties. Following his exit from what was then “106.5 The End” KUDL, he hosted mornings at Results Radio Classic Hits “101.5 K-Hits (https://1015khits.com)” KCCL Woodland/Sacramento from July 2021 until this past June.

iHeartMedia Sacramento’s newest radio station – the new KISS 107.9, The Best Variety From The ‘90s & 2000s, announced today the return of Christopher K to 107.9 FM, beginning Saturday, August 27th. “KISSTORY with Christopher K” will broadcast every Saturday from 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Since the late 90s, the name Christopher K has been synonymous with 107.9 FM. No one knows and loves pop music from the ’90s & 2000s like he does — and he’s got the CD and cassette singles to prove it! “KISSTORY with Christopher K” will take us down memory lane and through the history of this music and events in Sacramento, back when Christopher K first played these songs and introduced these artists at concerts.
Christopher K, a 24-year Sacramento radio market veteran, is a Northern California native who grew up in Yuba City and started at 107.9 FM in 1998 after graduating from Chico State. One of his favorite parts of being on the radio is meeting so many great people around town. Chris was known for getting out and about regularly with 107.9, whether it was introducing artists on stage at concerts, mingling with the crowds at Friday Night Football high school games, inviting cheer squads into the station to go on the air with him, or even on the mic at night clubs. Sacramento grew up hearing his voice on the radio, and now both 107.9 and Christopher K are back.
“I’m thrilled to be back where it all began, on KISS 107.9,” says Christopher K. “I played all of this great music on the radio when it was new, and it’s awesome to hear it on the air again. And on 107.9FM! It’s perfect. I can’t wait to reconnect with all of my Sacramento radio friends and dig back into the music we grew up together with and share our memories of fun times and concerts from the ‘90s & 2000s.”
“Christopher K and 107.9 FM are synonymous,” says KISS 107.9 Program Director Eric Rosado. “For nearly two decades, he introduced countless hit songs to Sacramento, and it has all come full circle as he is back on 107.9 FM, where it all started. He will dig deep for those fun hit songs that will surely bring you great memories. Saturday nights will definitely be a party on ‘KISSTORY with Christopher K.’”
iHeartMedia Market President Sara McClure, who previously worked with Chris back at 107.9FM in the 2000s and 2010s knows this is a solid move. “Christopher K being heard on KISS 107.9 brings our plan full circle. Chris is an icon in the Sacramento market. His knowledge and history of launching the hottest hit music of the ‘90s and 2000’s will take KISS 107.9 fans down memory lane, and his in-market celebrity status is ideal for our advertising community. I’m thrilled to bring Christopher K back where he began,” said McClure.
KISS 107.9 is helping to restore all the musical memories for Sacramento’s diverse music lovers who attended live concerts at the Arco Arena or Raley Field or Outdoor Amphitheater events in Wheatland. The music from the 90s and 2000s launched some of the most iconic artists over the past 30 years, and whether you heard them on the radio, saw them on-stage for your first concert, or watched their videos, there is no denying the incredible excitement for this era of music and pop culture. Listeners of Northern California will find these iconic artists on the new KISS 107.9.
KISS 107.9 plays pop, rock and rhythm of the ‘90s and 2000s, including artists like Lady Gaga, 2Pac, Black Eyed Peas, Fun., The Weeknd, Eminem, P!nk, Usher, Coldplay, Britney Spears, No Doubt, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Maroon 5 and many others. Plus, the station has commercial-free weekends.

more (https://radioinsight.com/headlines/239454/christopher-k-returns-to-107-9-sacramento/)