PDA

View Full Version : David & Londa Austin To Host Mornings At KFXZ

Colorado Media Newsroom
August 15th, 2022, 02:30 PM
From Radio Insight:

https://radioinsight.com/wp-content/images/2020/07/kfxz-200x200.pngDelta Media’s “News/Talk 98.5 (https://newstalk985.com)” 1520 KFXZ/98.5 K253CO Lafayette LA will launch “Austins on Air” on Monday, August 22.
The show will be hosted by former Lafayette market personality David Austin and his wife Londa Sherwood-Austin. David Austin previously worked in the market at KPEL and KTDY and later as News Director at KYKZ Lake Charles and the Louisiana Radio Network. He has been working in the mortgage business in the northwest for the past fifteen years. Londa Sherwood-Austin spent her career in the real estate business, before the couple launched their “The Session with Londa and David” podcast.
Austins on Air will air weekdays from 6-8am replacing two hours of “This Morning with Gordon Deal” on KFXZ.

The Lafayette native and UL Lafayette graduate is back where his life and broadcasting career began, and now will be joined on the airwaves by his wife Londa Sherwood-Austin. “Austins On The Air” will debut on News Talk 98.5 FM — The Talk of Acadiana on Monday, August 22nd. The show will air weekday mornings from 6 to 8 and will cover news, sports, weather and commentary to help you jump start your day — but all done in a positive manner.
“I am super excited to be back home and share my love for the community with my beautiful bride,” David said. “Hosting “Austins On the Air” is a great way to bring good news to Louisiana and effect positive change.”
David is a Lafayette native who graduated from Lafayette High School and UL Lafayette. He began his radio career while in college in the early 1990’s working both at KPEL and KTDY. After graduation, David moved to Lake Charles where he served as News Director at KYKZ. Two years later, he became News Director at the Louisiana Radio Network.
During his broadcasting career in Louisiana, David earned numerous awards including Reporter of the Year and Best News Cast from the Louisiana Associated Press Broadcasters Association. After 15 successful years, David relocated to the Pacific Northwest and began working in mortgage lending. It was during this time that David met his bride Londa Sherwood-Austin.
Londa meanwhile has three decades of sales experience as a realtor and business coach. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Londa and David started a podcast titled “The Session with Londa and David” that quickly became internationally recognized. Now the two have relocated to Lafayette and can’t wait to share their weekday mornings with Acadiana.
“One holiday weekend was all it took for me to fall in love with the people and culture of South Louisiana and say, ‘Let’s put roots down here!,'” Londa said. “The fact that the community has embraced this outsider from the Pacific Northwest with wide open arms is astounding to me and I’m so grateful. Having the opportunity to share our mornings with the community that raised David and welcomed us both back home is a dream come true.”

more (https://radioinsight.com/headlines/238032/david-londa-austin-to-host-mornings-at-kfxz/)