PDA

View Full Version : Neuhoff Communications Promotes Mike Hulvey To CEO; Beth Neuhoff To Step Down As Trustee

Colorado Media Newsroom
July 20th, 2022, 02:11 PM
From Radio Insight:

https://radioinsight.com/wp-content/images/2022/07/neuhoff-200x200.jpgNeuhoff Communications has announced a leadership change as Beth Neuhoff will step down as both CEO and corporate trustee.
Chief Operating Officer Mike Hulvey will rise to CEO. Hulvey has been with the company since 1992 and in his current role since 2012. He previously served as General Manager of the company’s Danville IL stations and Vice President of Operations. Neuhoff Communications owns 20 stations across Bloomington, Danville, Decatur and Springfield IL and Lafayette IN.
Julian Hickman and Makena Neuhoff will succeed Beth Neuhoff as corporate trustees. The duo are the grandchildren of company founder Roger Neuhoff and the nephew and niece of former President/CEO Geoff Neuhoff, Beth’s late husband.
In a memo to staff today, Beth Neuhoff wrote,

Today is an exciting day for the future of Neuhoff Communications. It gives me great pleasure to announce Mike Hulvey will become CEO of Neuhoff effective immediately. I have been transitioning from my role as CEO over the last few months in anticipation of this day. Though we’d all hoped to give you more notice, it has been a matter of corporate governance that precluded its earlier announcement. The Neuhoff family has been extremely gracious in working through this transition with me and remain committed and faithful to the company and its employees. In the next few months, I will be transitioning my governance role with the family to Makena Neuhoff, Geoff’s niece, and Julian Hickman, his nephew.
This transition is the result of a thoughtful process dating back a few years. In fact, it likely would have happened sooner, but with the global pandemic and devastating impact it had on our company and industry- plans were delayed. While there is still work to do and business isn’t 100% back to normal, our recovery is well underway. Now is the right time to make the move. Mike has earned it.
Being CEO of Neuhoff is the best job in broadcasting. “March Forth Mike” will fill the role exceptionally well. Mike and I have communicated daily for nearly ten years. In fact, July will be ten years since my late husband Geoff died and I assumed the reins. Mike has been my partner every step of the way and has a bold vision for where this company is going. He is an excellent team builder and knows what it takes to make Neuhoff the most important and community- focused local media operation in every market we serve. With his deep understanding of our operations and ability to lead both at our company and industry level, I can’t think of a better person to lead you through the continuing recovery, making sure our teams are respected and supported as you keep this company moving forward.
I want to take a moment to thank you all. I have been fortunate to be your colleague for nearly ten years and am incredibly proud of all we have accomplished.
Throughout it all, your friendship, support, professionalism, and dedication have meant the world to me. I will never forget how you rallied around me in the most difficult time of my life and gave me so much to look forward to every day. The core values we established together- innovation, community, grit and excellence- are a legacy we share and one I will always carry with me.
I’m extraordinarily excited about the future with Mike as our next leader. I have no doubt the best is yet to come for Neuhoff, and no one will be cheering louder for all of you than I.
Please join me in congratulating Mike and welcoming Makena and Julian as they join the team. And thank you again to each of you- for all you have done for me, the communities we serve, our customers and teammates.

It was announced today, Mike Hulvey, long time COO of Neuhoff Communications and industry leader, will be immediately promoted to the role of CEO.
“Mike has a bold vision for where this company is going. He is an excellent team builder and knows what it takes to make Neuhoff the most important and community-focused local media operation in every market we serve. With his deep understanding of our operations and ability to lead both at our company and industry level, I can’t think of a better person to take the reins of this very special company,” said Beth Neuhoff, immediate past CEO.
“It is my distinct honor to assume the reins at Neuhoff Communications” said Hulvey. “We’ve worked hard to build this award-winning organization. I’m ready to build upon our firmly held values of community, innovation, grit, and excellence as this business evolves and grows into the future”
Also announced was a governance transition. Beth Neuhoff will be transitioning her role as corporate trustee of the company to Julian Hickman and Makena Neuhoff, grandchildren of the late broadcaster, Roger Neuhoff, over the next few months. “It is exciting to see the next generation of Neuhoff’s take an active role in the company’s future,” said Beth. “Their enthusiasm and breadth of experiences in business will be of tremendous benefit.”

more (https://radioinsight.com/headlines/233997/neuhoff-communications-promotes-mike-hulvey-to-ceo-beth-neuhoff-to-step-down-as-trustee/)